May 24, 1906. This is diary #t for Lawrence. What a dedicated guy to have written so many diaries!
"May 25, Thursday. Today Pap and Mam washed, I went to school also, Elsie and the boys also went to school walked both ways on account of Daisy our mare having a fine young colt; come last night. Pap and I had a two or three mile hunt for the cows and then did not them we just got hoe at half past nine. Pap got home 15 minutes sooner than I did. I went north pap, west. Mr. Bristol started to plant corn on our place today. The weather was quite cool all day and cloudy too. It sprinkled a little, not much. 61 above during the day. 50 above at night."
This young man writes a wonderful diary. He tells about fixing up the shed which they move into and how they have to raise it up and put stone around it. The stone comes from the pumphouse. They seem to have a large amount of land. This young man works a lot and seems to enjoy himself....no complaining. Nice guy!
Postage included within USA
Written inside front cover "Lawrence Litchfield, Chardon, Neb., Diary No. 8, Ended Dec. 27, 1906.
"August 12, Saturday.
Today in the forenoon I and pap finished up the sod chicken house, I covered the roof with dirt and we put up some roosts, I worked very hard. In the afternoon I went to town with Fred and that was about all. The weather was very warm all day."
This man writes a great diary. Believe he had a sister Elsie and brothers Dick and Gay.
Includes postage within USA
Written on inside of front cover " Lawrence Litchfield, Diary No. 7, Chadron Academy, Chadron,Nebraska"
First entry is January 1906.
Entry for March 3, " Saturday. I seen and heard a lark (the first one) today in the forenoon. I caught a ride to town, as the ground was slippery and we did not want to drvie Daisy in. I managed to get a ride in but walked out ate my dinner, hitched up and hauled in two big loads of hay, I am pretty tired tonight. The weather was cold but clear and sunny, and a little windy. Zero in the morning. 30 above during the day." This is a great diary with lots of chit chat and information.
Includes postage within USA
Ebay Genealogy Auctions
- Finding a Place Called Home : An African American Guide to Genealogy and...
- New Ancestry FAMILY TREE MAKER 2012 Software w/Companion Guide & 20% OFF Coupon
- They Became Americans - Finding Naturalization Records and Ethnic Origins
- SHAKING the Family TREE Buzzy Jackson genealogy ancestry
- HAWKEYE 18:4 Iowa Pioneers Mills County Land & Death Recs Iowa Censu Recs
- 4 BOOKS ON ANCESTRY, GENEALOGY, LEARN WHAT CLUES IDENTIFY PEOPLE IN PHOTOS
- EDMONDSON FOLIO HERALDRY ENGRAVING WILLIAM BYRON 1700'S
- Swift Jewel Ancestry Family Tree program Windows 95
- Very Scarce! DANIEL BEGAT Jackson/Woodruff Genealogy Walton County GA/Georgia SC
- New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial (4 Volume Set by William...