A PIECE OF AMERICAN HISTORY!
This journal was written 1833/1834 by David P. Reid who was aborad the Ship-of-the-Line Delaware. The journal is in remarkable condition.
"New York AugUst 12, 1833. Went on board the United States Ship of the Line Delaware, 74 Cap H.E. Ballard Commadore at New York while lying in the North River oposite the Battery August 12, 1833. On which day the President of the United States, the Secretary of the Nave and board of Comm????ioners visited the Ship fired a Salute of 24 guns on the 14th we dropt down to Sandy Hook and Dropt our anchor"
May 1st 1834 was the birth day of the King of France and the USS Delaware was at the port of Toulon France. There was much celebrating which the Delaware joined by offering a salute. Three of their guns proved to be "shotted" which caused the shot to go astray. One struck a French 74 about 3/4 of a mile away. Two men were killed and several injured.
Ebay Genealogy Auctions
- Finding a Place Called Home : An African American Guide to Genealogy and...
- New Ancestry FAMILY TREE MAKER 2012 Software w/Companion Guide & 20% OFF Coupon
- They Became Americans - Finding Naturalization Records and Ethnic Origins
- SHAKING the Family TREE Buzzy Jackson genealogy ancestry
- HAWKEYE 18:4 Iowa Pioneers Mills County Land & Death Recs Iowa Censu Recs
- 4 BOOKS ON ANCESTRY, GENEALOGY, LEARN WHAT CLUES IDENTIFY PEOPLE IN PHOTOS
- EDMONDSON FOLIO HERALDRY ENGRAVING WILLIAM BYRON 1700'S
- Swift Jewel Ancestry Family Tree program Windows 95
- Very Scarce! DANIEL BEGAT Jackson/Woodruff Genealogy Walton County GA/Georgia SC
- New England Families, Genealogical and Memorial (4 Volume Set by William...